Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Card Rooms near Columbus Ohio?

Here's what you do when you get into Columbus (if nothing has changed since last year when I still played there)
1. Grab yourself a copy of the Columbus Dispatch, any edition Thursday through Sunday.
2. Open it up to the Classifieds. Look for a section called either "Charity Events" or "Charity Gaming." I can't remember which right now.

In there you should find some games listed. That's how I used to find them; I also had the hotlines but I've since lost the numbers. There are usually 2-3 games listed every week. Typically you're going to deal with 3/6, 5/10, and 10/20. Depending on who's running the show (as there were two main groups) the biggest game will either be 10/20 or possibly a NL game. This, mind you, was all about a year and a half ago when I still went on a weekly basis.

If it so happens that there's a game listed at the Westerville Armory, I'd go there. I know it may sound off-beat, but when I still went there they had 3-4 3/6 tables, 2-3 5/10 and usually 1-2 10/20. Games were fairly soft. The other group that runs games had some friendly folks and good competition. If you run into a guy named Louis Asmo, talk to him. He's a good man. Best of luck.

Oh yeah, and

GO BUCKS