Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: UT @ OSU

Long time horns fan here (was at last year's Rose Bowl). The spread on this game is even. This should be a fantastic game. I will give Ohio St. the edge just because they are playing on their field. I can not pick a winner for this game.

I think the country will see how much of a force is Vince Young is. Now he can be stopped, he is not the sole reason we will win the game. However, if he makes a crafty cut, and gets room to run, you will see how fast that 6'5" qb can run. Once he gets in the open field that kid just runs like a horse.

Top 3 keys to the game.
1. Kicking game. Yes #1 kicking game. Field position will be key in this game. Also there is doubt how reliable the new UT kicker is.
2. Offensive line for both teams. These O-lines will be pushing all game for both teams really want to constantly run the ball. They will decide who is more effective.
3. Turnovers. This game might be close, that one key late 2nd half INT could change the entire game.

Also this game will not be in Hi-Def. What a joke. Should be great to watch.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Ohio State University takes down Texas this week, moves to #2, then #3 Michigan pounds tOSU at the end of the season for the Big Ten title and the chance to lose to USC in the title game. Damn, I wish I could go back to Ann Arbor for that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notre Dame has a better chance of beating Michigan than Michigan has of beating OSU.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an Ohio State fan and this is just not true. I'm not putting down ND's chances of beating Michigan, but this year Michigan is ranked better and is at home, they have a good chance of beating OSU at home. Pains me to say it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Michigan couldn't stop anyone on defense last year, and there is no reason to beleive they will be any better this year. Michigan is the most overrated team in the polls atm, and will lose at least 3 games.

jvs
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Ohio State University takes down Texas this week, moves to #2, then #3 Michigan pounds tOSU at the end of the season for the Big Ten title and the chance to lose to USC in the title game. Damn, I wish I could go back to Ann Arbor for that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notre Dame has a better chance of beating Michigan than Michigan has of beating OSU.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an Ohio State fan and this is just not true. I'm not putting down ND's chances of beating Michigan, but this year Michigan is ranked better and is at home, they have a good chance of beating OSU at home. Pains me to say it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Michigan couldn't stop anyone on defense last year, and there is no reason to beleive they will be any better this year. Michigan is the most overrated team in the polls atm, and will lose at least 3 games.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

2, iowa & osu

no one else is good enough, not even nd
Old 09-10-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they're down 10 to ND right now.

Anyways, AJ Hawk destroys Vince Young and Teddy Ginn hangs 200 total yards on the Horns. This game won't be close. Texas has never seen anything remotely like the the Shoe for a night game.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 AM

Damn I'm excited. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 AM

As long as OSU doesn't fall behind 14-0 early, I like their chances.
Can this Young kid throw the ball AT ALL? I don't see a team that 1-dimensional winning a big road game if the Bucks are nearly as good as advertised.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can this Young kid throw the ball AT ALL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, he can throw. He's got a real funny-looking delivery but he can put the ball downfield.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 AM

Maybe I'm putting too much stock into the OU game last year. It just remember him being incapable of making a play thru the air, and even the announcers questioned the coach for not switching QB's mid-game. It just seems like UT has beaten up on a bunch of crappy teams since then and now all of the sudden this kid's a superstar.
I know there was the Rose Bowl, which brings me to a different but related topic - I feel like Michigan's defense is one of the more overrated units in football year in and year out. Is it me or do they give up 27+ pts almost every time they play a decent offense?
Admittadly I haven't seen a ton of UT games the last couple years, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's my take from afar FWIW.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as OSU doesn't fall behind 14-0 early, I like their chances.
Can this Young kid throw the ball AT ALL? I don't see a team that 1-dimensional winning a big road game if the Bucks are nearly as good as advertised.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the best question. Our WR are in their 2nd year and still have not proved themselves at all. Young can throw the ball quite deep. His accuracy is still unknown. He has worked on his throwing motion to get out of slinging the ball sideways. His passing game does have many flaws. I do like his confidence though.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 PM

Reasons OSU will win this game:
1. Tressel is a big game coach
2. Mack Brown is a terrible big game coach
3. Home, night game
4. Ginn's punt returns (or the UT punter kicking it out of bounds instead) will give OSU a HUGE advantage in field position, the key to tresselball basically.
5. Both OSU QBs will be out to prove that they should be the starter.
6. It takes great LBs to stop Vincent Young. OSU has the best LB group in the country. AJ Hawk is a beast and I just can't see Young running wild as he did against UM.

I think it will be close, but 27-23 OSU.