Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

Note that 2 goslowers at 1 table has less effect on party's bottom line that 1 goslower a 2 tables. So when we do this we should try and avoid tables with goslowers on.

I have been thinking for anout spamuell's idea. If we do set a specific time, say 1 hour on a friday night, and encourage everyone from 2p2 to do it (e.g. get ring players to switch to 6 max for the hour) twoplustwo has the ability to have a goslower on every table. At the moment there are 80 5/10 6 max tables. That would take 20 4 tablers to completely cover (stopping an annoyed fish simply switching tables). That is $5428.8 taken from party in 1 hour. If we can cover the 3/6 and 10/20 tables we can treble that I'd guess. That is $15K in 1 hour!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that 2 goslowers at 1 table has less effect on party's bottom line that 1 goslower a 2 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true. It may actually be more effective to simply try to shut down 5-10 6max on party for a day.

To do this, it would require multiple people at each table, all taking as much time on every decision. This would frustrate the people not invloved in the revolution enough, that they would just quit for the day.

This would would have a greater effect on party's bottom line.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:26 PM

I like the idea, but will this open up retalliation by party. I.E. strict enforcement of gray areas in the T & C with multiple accounts with skins?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:30 PM

I'm in.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:30 PM

Does anyone else think this will be seriously detrimental to our bottom line? You are going to tell all the fish at once that we are here to make money and Party is giving us a little less than they used to.

Most of the fish, maybe all of the fish, are unaware of the rake increase. Pointing them to a website explaining these facts to them will be the beginning of thier education. They are going to realize how serious we are about making money.

They may be frightened away when they find out how many "pros" there are at their tables.

Am I overthinking/overreacting?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:31 PM

no, but the majority of the players on here are.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this will be seriously detrimental to our bottom line? You are going to tell all the fish at once that we are here to make money and Party is giving us a little less than they used to.

Most of the fish, maybe all of the fish, are unaware of the rake increase. Pointing them to a website explaining these facts to them will be the beginning of thier education. They are going to realize how serious we are about making money.

They may be frightened away when they find out how many "pros" there are at their tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is why we should tell Party about this plan before we carry it out. In the hope they will change things without us having to educate the fish about the rake (which neither us nor Party have any interest in them knowing much about).

We should also tell them how relentless we will be about it. This shouldn't be a one time happening. It has to occur at regular intervals maybe 3 times a week. And Party needs to know that too. I think it makes the chances of us getting them to listen a lot bigger.

Btw. Partygirluk, this is a brilliant idea!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish are stupid, many of the "fish" feel that they are winning players making money off the game, or at least breaking even.

INCLUDE THE FISH. Pretend they are WINNERS, tell them that party is screwing them. After all, you are probly a fish for me in the 30 game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (not you, but you get the idea), doesn't mean you wont take shots.

If fish understood they rake, they would hate it.

I diddn't care about the rake. Then I realied I was paying party 150,000 dollars a year to let me play there. I AM PAYING PARTY MORE THAN MANY PHD'S MAKE IN A YEAR TO LET ME PLAY. (I guess they are lucky im rich.)

LOL

truth
Old 09-03-2005, 07:43 PM

This is a stupid idea.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:45 PM

bad idea. you wont succeed in lowering partys rake and all you will be doing is bringing attention to yourselves. if you are running multiple skins 8tabling or have several accounts you may find that party seeks revenge by closing them. they may also decide that you using playerview or gametime+ is against their t&c and confiscate your funds. i really dont know if party would do this or not, but i think its more likely that this would happen then if they actually lowered the rake.