Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: is a weak-tight personality good for No Limit?

Some of you may know that I play what I call TAG, but what most of you would call a rock. Im at about 16/4.5 with a 4.0 aggression factor.

I find myself in alot less marginal situations in big pots than most of you guys probably do because I normally have a better starting hand. This may or may not be more profitable, but it definatley gives me less variance which I like.

I will admit though that I still tilt now and then. I was thinking about this driving to work today. I had my best month ever this month, but still, just off the top of my head I can think of about $4K that I lost in what I would call tilt losses.

At least 4-5 times I had a tough hand where I got raised and was thinking "damn it, I cant be beat again here" And as I was sliding the little slider thing all the way to the right, I knew it was a mistake but did it anyway.

I can only imagine how often I would do that if I played more LAG style and was in these marginal spots more often.

My goal for next month is to fold even more than normal.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 PM

isnt TAG a cheap deodorant body spray?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you may know that I play what I call TAG, but what most of you would call a rock. Im at about 16/4.5 with a 4.0 aggression factor.

I find myself in alot less marginal situations in big pots than most of you guys probably do because I normally have a better starting hand. This may or may not be more profitable, but it definatley gives me less variance which I like.

I will admit though that I still tilt now and then. I was thinking about this driving to work today. I had my best month ever this month, but still, just off the top of my head I can think of about $4K that I lost in what I would call tilt losses.

At least 4-5 times I had a tough hand where I got raised and was thinking "damn it, I cant be beat again here" And as I was sliding the little slider thing all the way to the right, I knew it was a mistake but did it anyway.

I can only imagine how often I would do that if I played more LAG style and was in these marginal spots more often.

My goal for next month is to fold even more than normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise an interesting point. I play tighter than you (13/3.8 with a 3.1 agression) and I suspect the tighter you play the tougher it is to take when you find yourself in a series of "damn it, I can't be beat AGAIN" situations. There is a balance with increasing tables though.