Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:41 AM

Default 2-5 NL Live Game

Hero is in CO(500$) with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain is in SB (700$)
MP calls
Hero raises to 18
Villain and MP call
Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain Checks and MP check
Hero bets 40
Villain(SB) raises to 90
MP folds
Hero puts him on most likely a flush draw and possibly a small pair and calls
Turn:4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks
Hero?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: 2-5 NL Live Game

Check, call a bet on the river if a flush doesn't fall. Don't allow yourself to be checkraised here if he's trying to trap.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check, call a bet on the river if a flush doesn't fall. Don't allow yourself to be checkraised here if he's trying to trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not ?
Getting check-raised here doesnt bother us one little bit, because we are almost certainly not going to win this hand if we get check-raised here, and we have nothing worth drawing to.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:37 AM

I think checking here will get a bluff on the turn. So, it's either bet here and fold to a raise/check the river down, or check here and call a river bet or fold if a flush comes (because then we lose to everything but air). My line gets one pot-or-so bet into the pot when villain has missed flush draw, garbage, and boat/PP. Yours gets the same into the pot when villain has all of that + a made flush - air.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 PM

I cannot understand why people think tiny checkraises mean flushdraw. Small pair, 4, some ten are all more likely IMHO. So I fold the flop, and would only call to try to bluff later in the hand.
Anyway, once here... If you think he will fold the small pair I like betting here, if not, take a free card cause you're most likely behind.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:31 PM

Without a strong read on the villian, I fold to the raise on the flop. You have no pair and no draw. Even if you hit your A or Q you are still behind a 10, which is likely. If I read the villian for a steal you have to pop him back on the flop and see how much he likes his hand.

After the turn, I don't put another dime into the pot. We have no-pair, no draw. We can't even beat AK. Its time to move on to the next hand.

What was your plan when you called the raise on the flop?