Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker - Looking for Comments

[ QUOTE ]
1) How much you think it helps?

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot. You can analyze your play and your opponents' play. See how you do at different levels. Try out a different style and see how it affects your win rate. See which hands are big winners/losers for you. Which positions do you do well/poorly in. etc.

[ QUOTE ]
2) How do you use it mainly?

[/ QUOTE ]
Multitabling. Use GT+ to overlay the PT stats right onto each table. You'll have a clue as to what type of player you're up against. For example, a preflop raise UTG from someone who's 15/5/3 over 800 hands is something you might want to respect. Without PT and GT+, it's hard to learn/remember player tendencies for 30+ players on four tables.

[ QUOTE ]
3) What 3 things do you think are the most valuable about PT?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Reads on players while multitabling. You might know your opponents better than they know themselves.
2. Analyzing my own play (do I raise enough? am I too loose/tight?).
3. See if I'm a winning player at the current level (i.e. am I ready to move up?)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerManager looks like mumbo jumbo? If so, have you even tried it? Its so similar to Poker Tracker that I don't see how it could be confusing.

And its faster in loading the Hand histories. On my machine (2 GHZ) Poker Manager loads 100 hands in 3.3 seconds. Poker Tracker takes 10 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big whoop. Poker Tracker supports more than one site and is a far more advanced product. Poker Manager looks like a dumbed-down version of Poker Tracker.

Why mess with something "similar" when you can own the original? Pat's support of his product is amazing, and there is no better suite than Poker Tracker and PA HUD.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-27-2005, 02:21 PM

ok, man give it a break. u have yet to make a post that isn't saying get my product. make some real posts and buy ad space to push ur product.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big whoop. Poker Tracker supports more than one site and is a far more advanced product. Poker Manager looks like a dumbed-down version of Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to give it time. It's a young product. Someday it might be better. Competition is good.

Still, I agree that these Poker Manager posts are spammy.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may also want to try out Poker Manager, it does everything Poker Tracker can do but is a lot faster. It is in beta now but is free to try out. Check it out:

Hi all,
And now some ramblings from a dedicated lurker.
I really admire and support your proactive stance defending your product ie. PM versus PT. However this is tending to raise the hackles of the forum leaders who along with many others have over time developed a trusting and benefical relationship with Pat at Poker Tracker and are defending a large investment of their time and intellect in exploiting PT's gold mine of statistical options. However PT's complexity and lack of an intutitive UI in the long view(I believe) is actually holding back the growth of PT.
Due to the liberal use of terse/ obscure statistical terms and the complex underpinnings of sql routines only a few poker players are capable of realizing anything near full exploitation of his product. Now I'm sure you are very aware of the effect you are having on these forum leaders and have weighted your replies accordingly but in the end I have to agree with LUVTODRIVETT's suggestion/admonishment to place an ad in the software forum announcing the pending release of your new product. I think you will find it money well spent and will provide Poker Manager with a base of authenticity that it warrants and would benefit from, in that it is going to be a serious alternative to PT and not another wannabe soon to turn into vaporware.

http://www.benziegler.com/PokerManager/

[/ QUOTE ]