Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: I\'ll try ya some one-hole. . .

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played in a couple years, so I'll take some weight. I'll try ya 9-6 I break, 10-5 you break. Gotta dig the Schon out of storage. Good luck in Vegas.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah, that's an awfully nice spot to start with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] why don't we start even and figure things out from there...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: TSPs ugly coldcall

[ QUOTE ]
Once you say "I sat on the rail", you needn't say anything more. I have tremendous respect for those with game and balls enough to sit at this very difficult table. I have no respect for you.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me start out by saying that your respect is far from my goal in life. I have very few true strengths in this poker experiment of mine other than game selection. Although an argument can be made to elevate ones play by confronting tougher competition, there is no way I am sitting in any game that I am likely to be an underdog in. At a limit where the money still means something to me, the best decision and the one with the most "balls" is the one to stay on the rail.

As far as my initial post, it should have been obvious that my comments were just made to yank your chain a bit. Of all the people on the forum you should be able to handle this considering it is what many of your posts are intended to do. There are several appropriate responses you could have made. Here are a few: "yeah, that preflop call was marginal but I knew I could outplay him after the flop" or "I really just wanted to gambool" or "I knew I was going to flop a monster because it was my table and I owned it" or "he was opening too much and I wanted to slow him down". All of these choices would have been reasonable yet your line was, for lack of a better word, lawerly. That is, instead of defending your viewpoint, you come back with some dick swinging machismo crap designed to discredit the source. Well done.

Although it appears some have chosen to ignore your posts, I will continue to read them because occasionally there is something of value and my goal is to improve. This is something I am certain I will do with or without your respect.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: TSPs ugly coldcall

Weird, but i actually like the line you took in your reply...nh sir...