Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: 20-40 Bellagio hand

I'm not sure how often she lays down either, and I definitely do not think my river bet is for value. 6th was bet with the intention of following through on 7th, otherwise I would have just checked 6th and likely folded to a river bet.

But I do have her jammed in pretty good, and I'm clearly representing a high buried pocket pair. My read is that she's a decent player, and that as every street goes on and I keep betting she's going to be more and more convinced that I have her beat. I've got her stuck in between somebody who has represented a strong hand the entire way and a drawing hand.

So yeah, I need a real big parlay for this to work. Since I don't think I'm getting any value on the river, I'm risking some fraction of a bet on 6th (I have some drawing out/actually having best hand equity) and a full bet on 7th to try and get her to fold a higher two pair while the other guy misses his draw and/or fails to make a second pair. I think it's probably not worth it, but really, if she's at all adept at reading hands, there should be no way she thinks I don't have her beat on the end, especially given the paucity of aces and kings on the board.

-Michael