Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $100 Kings

I was gone for the weekend, anyway from the hand history I know one thing for sure, the button will call any amount and is chasing with the low obviously because half his stack is already in, so that leaves the other 2, one guy you know nothing, the other might or might not call the reraise, heres my reasoning, you know you are going to get called no?

Why gamble with a pair of kings not knowing if its good, the button had 50 left at the start of the hand 18 of those are already in so hes calling, when I have no chance of scooping then theres no point in risking my stack, thats the way I feel about it. You wont scoop the guy unless a 2 and a 3 comes or no low is made and even then who knows, its more likely he will scoop you with some weird two pair on the turn or river. Thats why I said it was a bad play. Because he has you for low and your essentially hoping the kings hold on for high, not only that, but thats against one guy, there are still 2 other players that you still dont know whats going to happen with, the play you made is great when there are very few taking a flop, but with such a large field you will get chopped more than you will actually win anything.