Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: I hate pocket pairs...

It depends on the pot. If I'm getting enough odds to spike a T, I'm calling, otherwise I'm done with the hand. Even calling for one isn't much good when you're very surely beaten.

Mid PPs like this can win without sets, but I think against this field, it's not going to happen very often, particularly with the overcard. You'd be surprised, though. I once had KJs win with just a pair of jacks against 6 other people and a massive, huge pot at 2/4. My kicker didn't play, I had the only pair of jacks.

PS, Glen Mcgrath will be fully fit for the next one... and you guys will be sorry, oh yes, very very sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 12:55 PM

I wouldnt hate medium pocket pairs. Even if you dont flop a set, they will still sometimes hold up. Although I agree that wont happen as often in a multiway pot.

I dont think that I would have bet on this flop, because anyone with weak hands like middle or bottom pair, gut-shots and possibly even a single overcard would still have been getting decent odds to call with 16 or more sb in the pot. You also save yourself a small bet if the turn card is unfavourable.

So I would have preferred to wait until the turn to see whether a blank fell. (unfortunately with 6 opponents, the board pairing was not a blank)

So if the flop had been checked through and a blank fell on the turn, I would have preferred to bet then. Alternatively if a late positon player bet the flop, you could have attempted a check-raise on the turn if a blank fell.

As the turn card was unfavourable and there was an OC, I agree with your decision to fold to the turn 2-bet.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:57 PM

why did you check the turn?

and yes, fold to 2 bets
Old 08-14-2005, 01:26 PM

I would lead this turn. If it comes back to me two, then I'll fold. If I get raised, I'm calling down no more than one bet against unknowns.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Call me weak, but I check/fold this turn. Betting seems spewy to me.