Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:41 AM

Default QQ Hand 5-10PL live game

Hero (800) BB
Villian1(950) UTG+1
Villian2(700) Button
Villian 1 is LAG
Villian2 is a player who will raise with almost anything on button
Villian 1 limps
MP limps
Villian 2 Raises to 60
I reraise to 140 in the BB
both villians call
flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I do not like the flop against these players and I check the flop.
Villian1 bets 225
Villian2 pots it
I fold
Hand was showndown results later.
How would you have played this on the flop?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: QQ Hand 5-10PL live game

Villian 1 shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and villain 2 shows j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Board bricked out. Was I to passive?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:41 AM

so, by "results later" you meant 23 mins later? before anyone has chimed in at all? oy vey.

anyway, terrible reraise of just 80 more. you start the hand with 80bb, 70bb if you get it headsup vs button. choose one of these two lines: if you don't feel like playing for your stack with QQ oop, then just call the 60, leaving you the option of check-folding an unfriendly flop with lots of action by the other 2. OR, realize you almost certainly have the best hand preflop, so reraise the POT, which would be to 200, this would make your postflop decisions very simple. playing it the way you did with the half-assed reraise is the worst play.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so, by "results later" you meant 23 mins later? before anyone has chimed in at all? oy vey.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's with the oy vey and the kosher talk? you didn't look jewish when i met you...

um anyway about the hand to be upset is to be results oriented, i will often check fold ugly ugly flops when i have AA and there is significant action, no harm no foul. and to be results oriented, 78s actually has a ridiculous amount of equity in this pot. like, ridiculous. something like 20 outs twice? so really by getting out you were doing yourself a favor except that jj was in there giving you dead money for when the board does come bricks. but yah don't be results oriented, and there is nothing to say you have to go to the felt with an overpair just because you reraised preflop. that said, reraise preflop is way too small.