Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: NHL Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
My prediction is who gives a flying [censored]. I was a lukewarm hockey fan before...but even BASEBALL has never lost an ENTIRE SEASON. And baseball is the pettiest sport on the planet. Hockey can suck a c*** as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... yeah ... you have issues... many issues.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:00 AM

The NHL has become a brand new league that will take some time for me to adjust to with all of the player moves.

I look forward to watching the Edmonton Oilers play this year. I think they will have an exciting team. I enjoy watching up tempo skating teams play.

The Atlanta Thrashers will have an exciting team this season as well. Danny Heatley and Igor Kovalchuk.

I look forward to this. I will order the NHL package.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:56 AM

i go to school in toronto and not having an nhl season sucked.

with the new rules i'm extremely excited for the upcoming season. in my opinion though, they might have overdone some of the changes. my favorite games are around 4-2 or 3-5 type games. i dont like 7-5 and i hope that the new rules dont make the game score like lacrosse.

but i'm excecting teams with really good skaters on them to do well. teams like the minnesota wild who dont have many big names but during their run to teh cup ( was that 2003 or 2004) had players that could really fly and thats gonna be huge this year.

i think players to watch out for are paul kariya although he wont have much help, sergie samsanov, maxim afinogenov, ilya kovalchuk and probably jagr could do some serious damage.

i'm a huge fan of the sabres and its been really rough watching them fall apart.. i expect them to hopefully wind up somwhere around the 8th playoff spot.

as for cup favorites i can't name one. different goalies do well under different situations. ie, hasek's 2x better when he has to save 40 shots then when he has to save 15. i think goalies were really considered almost a dime a dozen, like there are a few "great" goalies out there, but lots of good ones. the difference between good and great goalies is gonna be magnified big time this year.

stealthcow-
Old 08-13-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think players to watch out for are paul kariya although he wont have much help, sergie samsanov, maxim afinogenov, ilya kovalchuk and probably jagr could do some serious damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Nash and Joe Thorton each had very good past seasons in europe. They both should carry that into the NHL this year.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:12 AM

I predict I won't care.

The Blues trading Pronger pretty much eradicated the tiny chance that I'd care about it at all in the near future.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Early NHL predictions this year...

Who will go to the Stanley Cup finals? who will win it all?

I will make one early but safe prediction the worst team in the league will be...

The Capitals [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHHA... Please...

Lawrence
Old 08-15-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Early NHL predictions this year...

Who will go to the Stanley Cup finals? who will win it all?

I will make one early but safe prediction the worst team in the league will be...

The Capitals [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHHA... Please...

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

"Please"??
Old 08-15-2005, 03:55 PM

With all the changes taking place it's really hard to make predictions. The Flyers are much improved. I am a Bruins fan and I actually like a lot of the moves they have made, and if Raycroft can continue his good work in net, and we can play a little better on D than we look on paper, we could actually win a few rounds this year.

I just can't wait for it to get going again.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I predict my leafs will find a way to do well and then break my heart in the playoffs, that Canadian teams will once again be a force to be reckoned with under the new salary structure, that I wont miss "movie night in Canada", that I will continue to hate Philly, that goalies will be getting busted for equipment violations, that refs wont enforce the obstruction well enough to make a difference, that the disappearing red line will make for some exciting plays, that I will have to play fantasy hockey just to figure out who plays where, and that I will never have to say "man I miss hockey!" ever again.

Game on!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict my leafs will find a way to do well and then break my heart in the playoffs, that Canadian teams will once again be a force to be reckoned with under the new salary structure, that I wont miss "movie night in Canada", that I will continue to hate Philly, that goalies will be getting busted for equipment violations, that refs wont enforce the obstruction well enough to make a difference, that the disappearing red line will make for some exciting plays, that I will have to play fantasy hockey just to figure out who plays where, and that I will never have to say "man I miss hockey!" ever again.

Game on!

[/ QUOTE ]

NH!

I also hate the Fhlyers(mostly because of that no talent assclown Bobby Clarke).

I am surprised that you mentioned all of this and nothing about overtime shootouts?