Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: A Pacific Trout Hand

To answer the general question...

I think what you're talking about is when you have like 12-15 bb - ie if you get reraised it will most likely be for all your chips (up til 10-12bb it is pushable imo). So what you need to do is simply consider before raising if you will call a push. If not, your cards doesn't really matter much. This isn't really an argument for stealing less, just that you don't need to feel obliged to do it just because you got a low pocket pair or something.

Often you will be able to say that these cards are good enough to call a push from one of those two opponents, but if one of the others push I will fold.

Anyways, to the KQ hand... That's a monster from sb. It's easily pushable with 10bb imo. Against aggressive opponents I'd probably choose to raise/call with it.

On the bubble, I'd push rather than raise/call though. It'd have to be a very specific situation for me to fold KQ first in from the sb though.

EDIT: What is specific about these "trout" tournaments? I've never played on pacific.