Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Straight pool

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HDPM,

Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for. I spoke with someone there last year and they didn't sound too savvy so I wanted to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a feeling that you have the old metal-to-metal style (metal bands around both butt and shaft). You might want to mention that when you call. Is it made out of an old Titlist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess that would change things. I thought his joint was the same for all his cues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the metal bands are more cosmetic than functional--they're not an integral part of the joint. He didn't make that style long.

It's nice to walk in a 3C room with an oldstyle metal-to-metal Schuler, however. It may even effect the prices, if anyone collects them. Here's my baby, cut out of an old Titlist in '82 to Cueleman specs.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:06 PM

That looks almost identical to mine except I have a leather wrap. I think my joints are more of a brass color too. If I have a chance I'll post some pictures later tonight.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my joints are more of a brass color too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the original Ceuleman cue and it had brass-colored joints, and, I believe, a leather wrap. You've got a treasure.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 PM

Man, you're making me feel like I should never shoot with this thing again! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I don't play very seriously anymore, just on a mixed couples pool league in the winter and on occasional game of 3-cushion. Maybe I should consider a new one and put the original one away.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:24 PM

I play with mine every chance I get, which isn't nearly as often as I'd like. I think their real beauty is in their funcionality, not as their potential to be museum pieces. If it hits sweet, play with it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play with mine every chance I get, which isn't nearly as often as I'd like. I think their real beauty is in their funcionality, not as their potential to be museum pieces. If it hits sweet, play with it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you and don't believe much in collectors cues. But I don't have a cue made by a dead cuemaker at least yet. I commend you for playing with yours, but might hesitate if it were mine, as much as I think cues are meant to be played with. I suppose I would play with it some, but I would hate having to ship it all around and stuff.

I am going to buy a scruggs BTW. He keeps threatening to slow down and not make as many cues. But I intend to play w/ it. I love cues. Wish I could use one effectively. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 PM

Here's a few pics of mine.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:41 PM

Nice pics. In the bottom one, you can see the wood-to-wood connection that makes me love these cues.