Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Scammed by a 2+2er

That sucks dude. What was his FICO score?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 AM

i cant wait to hear who it is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

what kind of car did you buy?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 AM

I will always be amazed by how difficult it is to get money from somebody that owes it to you when they owe you a portion of winnings.

You flippin' won the money, man.

I have loaned, backed, coached, and split percentages with dozens of people on this forum and have had serious trouble collecting money that was already won from more than a few 2+2ers.

It's the second most significant factor in my decision to stop doing all of the above.

I dig a lot of dudes on this forum, but it is rather depressing how some "regular posters" have trouble paying up.

My theory is that people who aren't raised among gamesmen are never taught what gambler's honor is. Those of us who were raised that way assume that it's common sense to keep your word. Guess not.

Irieguy
Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 AM

Wow, that really sucks. Here is something to help you cope:

Yugoslav
Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 AM

pay up or be spite called for life
Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 AM

Alright i'l admit it, i was the one who he staked and didnt pay him... if you want the story it's in white below.(warning: long and depressing)

<font color="white"> I first started playing the $11's with my own money and did just fine... moved up and did well. So then i was at the $55's doing great, pwning the $55's for 17% over 500.

Then the grey clouds started to hover over my life. There was not a silver lining to be found!! First i got kicked out of school-- long story short, i played too much poker and didn't do enough HW. I was told by many to get help and gambler's anonymous. So what'd i do? i kept playing-- moved up to the 109's w/ a 5k roll. Killin the game-- 20% over 200 games!!! i'm unstoppable is how i felt. So with a 9k roll i decided the step 5's is where it's at. Well 50 step 5's later i found my account ballance to be $57 and some change. That's when i got Chris to back me. I still had the numbers to my dorm and such, so that was no problem. So now i have $1700 to play the $55's-- again i'm doin great. Got the roll up to 5k like chris said-- "so, what the hey, back to the step 5's" i said... Those step 5's are brutal-- like crack you get hooked and can't get enough. Now i'm runnin a pyramid scheme, moving money around to make the many backers i have satiated. Suffice to say, gambling has ruined my life.

I didn't proof read any of it, and i just made it up in 10 minutes-- pretty good story, and sorry for wasting your time... The best part will be people who read everything except this paragraph. Dont ready any further if you get it.

I've been thinking of gettin help, but i'm 20k in debt-- and still have an uncontrollable urge to play the step 5's with any money i can get into my account. I am poker player who has become a scam artist. I really wish i could stop but i am stuck in a viscious cycle. So if you would like to help me send money to my pary account, PM me for details. </font>

edit: i hope no one takes me pokin' fun at the situation too seriously... If anyone does, i'l re-edit and remove this--- just say the word... and if i can't do it, i'l ask lunatic to do it.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 AM

it was me
Old 08-03-2005, 03:36 AM

Have you been playing the $55s?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:45 AM

Zebra was playing the $55s a few months ago. From what I remember he was pretty aggressive with bankroll so it wouldn't surprise me if he lost his bankroll at some point (so needed backing). And yeh he hasn't posted for awhile.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 AM

Rough stuff. For some reason I just can't relate though. There is no urge which could break through the barrier of logic in my mind that says don't play the toughest game possible with 9 buyins.

There was no way ~50 buyins at the 215s could satisfy this? I'm sure you would be at least break even there. I have seen you during the daytime at the $22s recently so I hope that pwning the smaller stakes again is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck in the future. You are young so it is not as big of a deal as it could be.