Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: QQ in MP, ok line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn is a bad card to fire on

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no draws we really have to protect against. ok, there is possibility of AK but most AKs don't call that flop raise. I think flop should be raised to a bit more like 30 to fully remove the possibility of AK here.

so on the turn, given no reads, I put him on 99-AA as I don't think AK calls the flop raise.

I am behind JJ AA KK, and ahead of 99 and TT. so once against way ahead or way behind.

if I check, he might put me on a 6, 77, or 88, and bet the river thinking that the J over scared me since I checked the turn. If I bet, I think 99 and TT folds.

The times I catch the 2 Q outs to beat JJ-AA is equalized by the times an underpair hits their 2 outer the difference being I'm stacking JJ-AA but underpair who hits a set on the river is not going to stack me as they'll likely value bet the river with the weakness I've shown.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: QQ in MP, ok line?

Hi amoeba,

[ QUOTE ]
so on the turn, given no reads, I put him on 99-AA as I don't think AK calls the flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure AA/KK calls the flop raise and checks the turn at this level. The reason I bet the turn is for info to see if he has JJ or flopped a set.

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet, I think 99 and TT folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has AK/77-TT we're not getting any more action out of him unless he hits the river anyway, so I'd rather just take it now.
I don't like giving a free card to a hand that can't even really call a valuebet without improving, unless it's a more laggy opponent who might bluff at it.

JM2c