Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 11:28 PM

Default What to do with misdeals?

I had a hand the other day where I got screwed out of a lot of chips. I have 10-2 off suit and I'm the big blind. I limp in and flop a 2. My friend to the left bets 500 chips (a hefty bet) everyone folds except the player to my right. But just as I am about to fold the dealer shows the next card, forgetting I was in the hand. The next card happenned to be a 2, giving me trips. I obviously call the 500. So when betting started on the turn my friend bet more, the other guy called, and I raised all in, but just as I said "all in," the idiot dealer showed the last card, a 10, giving me a full house. The runner of the tournament wanted to call the hand dead, and I had to scream at him for 5 minutes and reveal that I had a full house and refuse to take my money out of the pot. When I told him this everyone obviously folded to my all in, I still made money, but shouldn't have even been in the hand after the flop, but what should be done with mistakes like that?