Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
The unwritten code is that you only take a long time deciding when you have an actual decision and Barry didn't call out of traditional courtesy, a mistake I doubt anyone who's read about this event will ever extend to Trumper again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be *very* interesting to hear (since I doubt we'll actually see) about the next incident like this involving Simon Trumper, and how quickly his opponent calls the clock on him.... 15 seconds? 20? My guess is 25 max.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The unwritten code is that you only take a long time deciding when you have an actual decision and Barry didn't call out of traditional courtesy, a mistake I doubt anyone who's read about this event will ever extend to Trumper again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be *very* interesting to hear (since I doubt we'll actually see) about the next incident like this involving Simon Trumper, and how quickly his opponent calls the clock on him.... 15 seconds? 20? My guess is 25 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started out feeling a bit sorry for Simon in this dispute with Barry, and then I read his posts and realized he's clearly a bad ass in Europe, and hardly going to be thrown off pace by this kind of nonsense. In fact, although Barry might be "our" local hero, sounds like Simon has him well beat on the actual tourney accomplishments front. Which is actually kind of refreshing in this kind of argument [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In fact, this whole thing probably just makes we Americans look silly to him, and he would be correct in that conclusion. People don't smoke at the Grovsnor because it's against the rules, not because they're all being nice to the non smokers in the (common) pool. Americans are viewed as cowboys throughout the world, so let's act like it and stop whining about courtesy, ok?