Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

Even those trolls have given you some good advice. I just started posting on this board so I'm not really up on all the board politics, lol. But some of these guys that are trashing you are saying some truely honest things to you. Everytime someone suggests something to you, you come up with some excuse ($250 for an animal? pay it!). You brush off their comments with "I'm planning on doing....", but it seems like your plans are going no where. What have you done in the past week do aleviate your situation? Have you even opened a paper to see whats going on in your local area? I'm not being a troll, but you gave an honest assessment of yourself to complete strangers (not easy to do) and should expect to recieve honest answers.

I'm 25 and am returning to school for something I am truely interested, Physics. I'm not going back to get a degree and get a job (although that may eventually happen), but for the pure enjoyment of school. I would love to be able to play poker part time and go to school part time. If I was able to do that I would probably make that my 'career'. You are 20 yrs old, you need to get out there and have a good time before its too late. School is definately one of the best options for you right now. Dont go for a degree, find a few courses that interest you, and then join every campus club you possibly can. Trust me, you wont regret it.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

It sucks you have a year lease. I would suggest moving to a college campus to be around people. Also there are alot of girls there, which is the best reason.