Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Two tough NL400 6 max hands

So in hand 2.... if he doesn't have a high [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] why else would he bet the river?? I think any low club just checks to find out if his is high enough to win.

The only other option would be that he bet because you checked. And it was a weak bet at that. So I'm leaning away from this one. Post-oak??

Naaaah... I think he has a high flush (and maybe a pair too).
Old 06-15-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Two tough NL400 6 max hands

And hand one.... if you don't think YHIG on the river, why did you think it was good on any of the other streets??

If you're gonna fold on the river (unless a really obvious draw hit, like 4 clubs on the board or so) then don't bother calling the bet on the turn. Or if the flop min-raise scares you fold then. I might min-raise/push there, but that's just me.

The river didn't complete any draw or help any reasonable holding for villan so I say, as you played it, call.

Edit: This doesn't look like the work of a draw on the flop. Looks more like trying to protect a hand.

I like the AQ (maybe KQ, QJ depending on how loose he is) proposal. KQ explains why you couldn't hit trips [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]