Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: It\'s like a different Game

[ QUOTE ]
But if everyone's going to call 2 or 3 bets anyway, you can limp right in without that fear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when I'm playing at the Trop (where some of the dealers seem to have a really good sense of humor), and I hear them say, as they're laying out the flop, "Seven players, only seven." ROFL.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:21 PM

Just a psycological note to add that I've picked up from playing some loose games: Although all our books tell us to focus on number of bets won, our natural inclination (or tilt Meter) tends to focus on pots won. This is very frustrating at these super loose games. New player(meaning new to loose B&M games) get very frustrated when their TPTK gets sucked out on by two rags, but don't experience the opposing excitment( or don't even realize) that the pots they won are 3X's the size of what it should be when it holds up. You may be winning half as many pots with these type of hands, but they will still amount to a greater hourly win rate.

Also, free up wallet space for the nights that the crappy draws don't come in for the flounders and you watch 6 guys go in to their wallet in an hour.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may be winning half as many pots with these type of hands, but they will still amount to a greater hourly win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY salient point. I understand this point and I still catch myself trying to maximize the EV in pride at showing the winning hand down instead of the EV in $.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the advice, it works like an ATM. The games are so passive that I can limp in from any position with a decent hand and when I hit they pay off BIG to cover all the limps when I don't connect. I DID read SSH before this post but re-read sections and I think that helped too.

It has only been two weeks but my results are VERY GOOD. My win rate is 12BB at 2/5. Now I know the odds are I won't keep this win rate but I think it will stay quite high. The games are that soft.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Thanks to All, including Ed, David, and all the posters here at 2+2, your advice does work.

Gratefully,

Scott2130