Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: NYC poker raid?

I don't intend to be smug, but the police and the Dist Atty don't always follow the letter of the law. People get arrested when they shouldn't. People get detained when they shouldn't. Just because the law says something should or should not happen doesn't mean that it will or won't happen.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:32 PM

WELCOME TO NYC! WITH NO MORE HO'S, SMOKES OR CARDS FOR JUST TWICE THE PRICE OF LIVING IN UTAH!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:04 PM

totaly unrelated.
but the biggest club in montreal also just got raided over the weekend.
at least AC is only a few hours away for you guys. we've got nada now, just the fear of either getting robbed or arrested.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: NYC poker raid?/Montreal

Hello Marbleman,

At least we've still got Akwesasne, in upstate NY, though I've heard it's terribly run.

Do you know about the Montreal poker forums? Here are the links:

www.playerforhire.com (English)

www.princepoker.com (French)

Used to be lots of tourney announcements on both, until the bust happened. Hopefully things will pick back up again soon.

Alan
Old 06-18-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: NYC poker raid?/Montreal

yah akwesasne is such a [censored] hole. plus i always have problems crossing the border, always get car searched and brought inside for questioning.

there are still a ton of clubs open in and around the island, but the games are a bit tougher to find now.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:39 AM

Default I guess it was inevitable.....

There's been too much noise, too much publicity. Too many blurbs in the press about "celebrities" playing poker in NYC. Too many threads right here about the NYC "poker scene". Too many husbands pissing off their wives by blowing the mortgage money. Too many times when Johnny is cutting class and putting a match to Mom & Dad's money in the poker rooms. Too many calls to the cops by the same people. Too much of the "Moneymaker effect." Too many low-life weasels talking to reporters. Too many douche bags writing for the Post. Too many rats waiting to rat you out. Too many vipers in the legal profession just waiting to put your ass in jail if it will advance their careers.
If this sounds like a rant, it is. I don't give a [censored]. I was there when PS got raided. It wasn't fun. And the people who worked there not only lost their livelihood but wound up being caged for the weekend like a bunch of stinking animals. Just think about that next time someone says that they heard it was all laughs and good times down at central booking.