Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 AM

Default For the record

The thread I started was not to flame PV, but to make all aware here that use it that is was being sold, I have stated in past that he intended to sell it at some point, that time has come, and if he can make a little$ from it, good for him. Price aside, would you but PT if it was $100? (if its worth that to you the answer is yes) PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: For the record

[ QUOTE ]
PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this logic, it could cost $10,000 and it would still be worth it. It would eventually pay for itself. It's a basic example of supply and demand. At $50, the demand is low. Thus, to maximize their profits, they should lower the price so that supply equlas demand.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At $50, the demand is low

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I would think that the only one who can decide whether the demand is low is Amir. If he only sells a handful, but doesn't have to deal with all the freeloaders, then he may decide that the price was perfect!

I think the reason why there is so much back lash here on 2 + 2 can be directly correlated with the results from a recent poll which showed that the majority of respondents were under the age of 25. It is this generation which was spoiled by all of the "free" downloadable music etc. So maybe it is something that they just expect.

I for one applaud Amir's decision and think that the price is right. Now it would be great if a lot of you TAG's would drop out of the 10/20 6 max because this software was toooooo expensive.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 AM

Seriously WTF? You wankers only want to pay 25$ instead of 50$?

I don't know what's involved in putting this together, but I do know that I can't do it. Before GameTime+ I was going crazy typing players names into the pokertracker tables.My life is so much easier now, thanks to this software.

Pokertracker is way underpriced as well. Lots of us would pay 500$ for it in a heartbeat.

50$ is a bargain.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously WTF? You wankers only want to pay 25$ instead of 50$?

I don't know what's involved in putting this together, but I do know that I can't do it. Before GameTime+ I was going crazy typing players names into the pokertracker tables.My life is so much easier now, thanks to this software.

Pokertracker is way underpriced as well. Lots of us would pay 500$ for it in a heartbeat.

50$ is a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those wankers are not talking about Gametime+....
Old 05-04-2005, 04:11 AM

Question is, is it 50$ better than GT+? Or even 25$ better?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:26 AM

I don't know, I've never tried PV. I would imagine it's only a matter of time before GameTime+ costs money too.

The point is that it's an essential tool for an activity where we make good money. 50$ is a joke for this product.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question is, is it 50$ better than GT+? Or even 25$ better?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've used both and the answer is probably not. However, GT+ should cost $50 too.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:07 AM

Well I bought it, and my free GT+ will now be my backup HUD software. Frankly, I think going commercial is a good thing for all of us, as it ensures that we will continue to get product development and support. A one-time $50 license fee is a deal, provided that Amir supports PV the same way that Pat has supported Pokertracker.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PV same thing, if you think it will help you make money, even at the .50-1 level, it should pay for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this logic, it could cost $10,000 and it would still be worth it. It would eventually pay for itself. It's a basic example of supply and demand. At $50, the demand is low. Thus, to maximize their profits, they should lower the price so that supply equlas demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supply is pretty much unlimited. I don't know if he would sell twice as many copies if they cost $25 instead fo 50$. I suspect he wouldn't.

I bought it since it is the only tool that handles SnGs well. Yes, I would rather have paid $25 but I value the use I have of the program to be at least $50. Much more than that and he probably wouldn't have got my purchase.