Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Any Twilight Zone fans?

I've set my DVR for this now on Sci FI, I had forgotten how much I liked it.

Favorite episode?

I think mine is "To Serve Man" in which Aliens land on earth spreading peace and prosperity. To Serve Man is the title of their guide book which is determined (too late) to be a cook book.

I wish I could find some Tales from the dark side, that show used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Any Twilight Zone fans?

Always liked Zone... I like it when Sci-fi does their periodic marathons of it. Always nice to catch one of those if I'm home sick from work or whatnot.

Hard to pick a favorite episode. Quite like To Serve Man also, but also really liked the "Terror at ?0,000 Feet" with Shatner, and (can't recall the name) the one with the play writer who's characters come to life.

As an aside, ever been to Disneyworld for the Tower of Terror ride? I'm meh on the drop part, but love the backstory and props and such... very nice job of capturing the feel of the show.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Even the episodes that sucked are better than 75% of all the crap that is on tv now a days.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:26 PM

- The song is mediocre. 5/10. Not even the best Golden Earring song.

- The original show was fantastic...so many good episodes. The first one that came to mind was Agnes Moorehead trying to fend off all the little aliens that turned out to be us.

- The newer tv show, eh.

- The pinball game was easy to get a replay on. (And why it referenced the original show, but played the GE song, I'll never know.)
Old 04-28-2005, 03:02 PM

There were a couple of episodes that just didn't quite work, a couple of plot lines revisted a few too many times, a few good 5-minute episodes stretched to 30 minutes, but overall Twilight Zone is probably the finest series ever on television. One of only two that I'd want to own on DVD.

To Serve Man is a candidate for favorite episode, but I'd have to give the nod to The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street. Or Time Enough At Last. Or The Howling Man (the story was better than the TZ episode, though). Or . . .
Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM

yea i think the howling man is my favorite. i love this show, and not that new crap. also the one with the pool hustler is good too.. with that guy from the odd couple.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...overall Twilight Zone is probably the finest series ever on television. One of only two that I'd want to own on DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the other one?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also the one with the pool hustler is good too.. with that guy from the odd couple.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean Jack Klugman, also of Quincy, M.E.? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I like this episode too.. it's the one where he doesn't spend much time with his son as a kid and then later he dies in the war, but he's given the chance to die in his place? I think that's almost something like the plot...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 PM

good episode.

Another one I thought of takes place in a hospital where a woman who is apparently horribly disfigured has to undergo an operation. In the end it is revieled that she is of course beautiful and everyone else is some type of pigman.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good episode.

Another one I thought of takes place in a hospital where a woman who is apparently horribly disfigured has to undergo an operation. In the end it is revieled that she is of course beautiful and everyone else is some type of pigman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this one, the set up of the twist ending in this is brilliant, in my opinion.