Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 23 very interesting Chuck Klosterman questions (LONG!)

No way could I kick a healthy, standing Clydesdale to death in 20 minutes. Unpossible.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way could I kick a healthy, standing Clydesdale to death in 20 minutes. Unpossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Break the front two legs and this is pretty easy. You're not thinking about this clearly at all. Also, if you just did a flying kick into its side with all your weight, it would collapse sideways.

I would guess I could do this in under 2 mins if necessary, but I haven't thought that hard about it.

NT
Old 04-27-2005, 11:55 PM

RE: the horse.

It says that the horse's head is held firmly in place, that its hooves are shackled into the ground, and that its completely immobile. I took that to mean that I couldn't buckle its legs or tip it over. Given that context, do you still try to kick it? Those things stand like 7 feet at the shoulder.

And try to think about this a little more deeply. Clearly, if it was easy to kill the horse under the given parameters, the choice would be much easier. But Chuck isn't looking for easy answers, presumably.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 AM

If the head is held that firmly in place you may be able to break the neck. Also, hard to say if you can ONLY kick, or if that's just the most obvious tool he gives you.

I dunno, I've got a very strong kick, I think it could still be done, but it would be grisly. Does the horse have to die within the 20 minutes, or can it die later of injuries sustained?

NT
Old 04-28-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And try to think about this a little more deeply. Clearly, if it was easy to kill the horse under the given parameters, the choice would be much easier. But Chuck isn't looking for easy answers, presumably.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I know this. I'm saying that I've got a very strong will and if I knew the benefits of this situation I could force myself to do it. Also I think I'm physically capable.

The question, though, is also who gets defined as a political prisoner. For instance, people who legitimately organized suicide bombings, do they get out with the innocent? I would guess that the ratio of innocent to guilty is off the charts though.

NT
Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 PM

1. More interesting but less important. And it would get old quick. I'd take Einstein.

2. Mr Ed would be my bitch.

3. Der Fuhrer.

4. No, because I hate the Raiders.

5. Ok, broken collarbones aren't really that bad. If it was arms, I could see doing this. But even then it's close. Sorry sweetheart.

6. No feckin way.

7. Nessie.

8. This question is contradictory; it is simply impossible that I would be in love with this person. I would definitely hit it though.

9. This is a really interesting phenomenon, but you haven't had time to evaluate it, or see the long-term effects on these people. Being cautious I would avoid it. And despite the amount of time I spend trying to get you guys to stop calling things 'gay,' I would personally prefer to have kids.

10. It's a push.

11. Leave and wait for the DVD.

12. Does this make you more attractive only to you? Or to everyone? There are too many unknowns here, and I'm poor. So I would gauge the effect on the person I saw, probably end up giving him whatever I had on me (which wouldn't be much).

13. Something they all hate, like baseball.

14. WGAF?

15. Destroying any evidence of how smart I was.

16. Why fight it?

17. The man with no past. Less predictable.

18. Europe, not close.

19. I'll pretend someone told me he screwed my girlfriend.

20. My head says the documentary, my dick says the Bruckheimer.

21. I would say around the same time, because I like how I turned out. But I know I won't turn out that way, and I also know I missed out on a lot of really cute girls that I was too shy to hit on between the ages of 12 and 16. So I'd be balls deep in somebody as soon as the hair sprouted.

22. The stealing one. I wouldn't want anyone to think I suck at cards.

23. Terrible. Awful. Very bad.

NT
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. More interesting but less important. And it would get old quick. I'd take Einstein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that all of scientific discoveries that Einstein made would have eventually been made regardless?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

18. Europe, not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you say this... my two friends said moon, and not close, reason being that how often do you get a chance to go to the moon? You can go to Europe pretty much whenever you want.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can go to Europe pretty much whenever you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe YOU can, it would cause serious hardship for me. I would think the moon was cool, but I doubt it would be worth giving up a couple years of doing awesome stuff that I have always wanted to do but probably won't have the chance to while still in my 20's.

NT
Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 PM

I have a hard enough time dealing with real life, without having to make up more hard decisions for me to make.

KO