Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Post flop profit maximization. (Flush draw comes through)

5/10 players arent folding hands like KJ KT AJ etc in this big pot.

They why fck bet? Afraid to give a free card? *cough* sarcasm *cough*
Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 AM

You have 2 people trapped between you and the PFR, your position is much better to bet and call a raise rather than checkraise.

You know people are going to call another bet when it comes back to them.

There is of course a chance for the PFR not to bet, it is 5 handed. If he has a hand like 88 99 TT AK he will more likely check it through.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:44 AM

You have 2 people trapped between you and the PFR, your position is much better to bet and call a raise rather than checkraise.

Who fck is the moron who said check raise?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:47 AM

Why are you looking at it as something versus check-raising. What is wrong with calling. You have 30% equity against a viable range of hands given the preflop action and you need callers and your line might shut them out. Who said c/r?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:33 AM

What guarantees do you have that they will even call Bunky's bet. Just because MP raised preflop does not mean he will be doing the isolating either. Someone right after Bunky can raise and get it HU. Awesome.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
What guarantees do you have that they will even call Bunky's bet. Just because MP raised preflop does not mean he will be doing the isolating either. Someone right after Bunky can raise and get it HU. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

the same thing could happen if you let the LAG bet the flop. CO could raise him. you miss out on a lot of value by checking
Old 04-25-2005, 01:52 AM

It's always possible that leading this flop will cause some sort of isolation to be made, but you can't really just check-call this flop. Given the position of the PFR, a C/R is obviously going to isolate more often than simply leading. There needs to be two bets paid by the donks that are calling with 74o. The only person showing aggression so far is MP, so you have to assume it will continue in the hand. If it gets isolated before MP, then that is poker and you ran into a decent enough hand. However, there is no guarentee that given the laggish qualities of MP he wouldn't at least come along for two cold with junk like ace high.

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, turn is an obvious bet into that big of a field. I want callers there, let them pay to draw to a heart or something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Afer thought, I find it hard to believe I even told you to C/R the turn.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Also, I think the river looks great the more I look at it. UTG probably had very little, so facing him with two cold will not harm you. MP folding makes me giggle. The only person you wanted to get another bet out of was CO, which you did. kudo.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 AM

Bunky, I really like the River. It was a creative play.

IMO, leading the flop is best. There is only one player between you and and pfr that you could potentially be shutting out. You want the callers between you and pfr, and as you say this is a action flop... so I think you will get plenty of callers. You gotta like the flop, and with your equity being what it is and your good relative postion to pfr.... I don't understand not leading at the flop.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:54 AM

I have to chime in and say I really don't understand why you and Joe Tall seem so against a flop bet here. It's 5-handed and you've probably got like 35% equity or so here. I'm just not understanding even after reading through the thread.

I like the river since the Q paired.