Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Reagan
Excellent 10 25.00%
Good 8 20.00%
Fair 7 17.50%
Poor 14 35.00%
Abstain 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Throw away \'the book\'?

This I have found to be true which does question its long term viability, however it is normal to move tables before to long so it isn't a problem short term. Also the few more perceptive players will increase they're opening raise to 5-8BB- forcing me out, which in my opinion is what the raise should be for these games anyway, but then again who needs to be in pots with the better players.

The poll results show a majority that i'm barking up the wrong proverbial tree with this (62%) the rest being split by yes and don't know. I'm not sure how much this is down to a lack of confidence in my skills though? To be honest I take this quite favorably.

btw has anyone wrote a book specifically about 6 seaters?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:22 AM

I agree with this post mostly. I do not like calling raises with crap, but I do like to limp in with almost ANY two cards from relatively decent position if the stacks are deap and I feel like I can outplay my oppponents post-flop. I dont like the idea of calling strong pre-flop raises with crap though...
Old 04-20-2005, 12:17 PM

" I dont like the idea of calling strong pre-flop raises with crap though... "

I have to disagree here, as long as you qualify crap as two small cards (the one sort of hand i wont play is a Q J 10 and small unsuited). Raisers are open to all sorts of plays and exploitation and should be punished whenever possible.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Definately agree, I would call a reasonable preflop bet 100% of the time if I knew my opponent was holding a high pair.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:45 PM

I play somewhat similiar but I like to be the one raising preflop with those "questionable" hands. This style works for me because eventually a player will make a mistake and donate. Sometimes I have to force myself to fold 92o utg. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. JK.

To answer your question... I'd say go with the style that is winning for you and tweak it as you see fit with PT or PO. My suggestion would be though to mix it up with ABC or "BTB" play from time to time to keep 'em guessing. GL!