Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Taj Comments

20-40/40-80 were much longer waits than 10 last time I was there (those are the limits I usually play). This is b/c they don't spread as many tables, but there is still alot of demand. Maybe it's gotten better and I'll give it a try. If I play Borg, I usually hit it Sunday bf leaving town.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 AM

20-40 and 40-80 sometimes have longer lists. To compare, I went to the Taj at noonish and put my name on the 10/20 on Sat. afternoon. I was sixth, and the line didn't seem like it was moving. I left to the Borgata and got seated immediately. This is unusual. I don't know why Borgata didn't have more traffic. Of course, YMMV.

You are going to play where you feel comfortable. I would call ahead to Borgata before you assume it is packed if you want to play there.

I took a look at the one of the 3 10-20 tables at the Taj and it looked like a table full of experienced players or rocks (one player under 50). I didn't think it would be profitable, so I left.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 AM

Many of the older players you'd think would be rocks...aren't. It's kinda surprising, but some of the worst players there are older players (though I haven't played 10-20 in awhile there so your mileage may vary).

Jeff
Old 04-13-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of the older players you'd think would be rocks...aren't. It's kinda surprising, but some of the worst players there are older players (though I haven't played 10-20 in awhile there so your mileage may vary).

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be also true in the Borgata 10/20.