Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 04-02-2005, 10:55 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az
Default Pokermountain makes a rotten marketing decison

They had $1 buy in tournament today with $500 added by the house. I thought it was a good deal with about 100 players but the software froze and tournament was cancelled with 78 players left. They refunded our money instead of dividing the prize pool among the remaining players. This is a terrible marketing decision not only did they waste two hours of our time until they cancelled but when the money added is not distributed at a new site it brings into question whether this was just an excuse not to pay the added money. I don't believe this to be the case but the cancellation email made no mention of the tournament being rescheduled. All new sites have some problems the key is how professionally and fairly they are handled this is a big negative for pokermountain as far a I am concerned.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Redmen62 Redmen62 is offline
Member

Location: Saskatoon, Canada

Guess that's why they call 'em Poo Mountain...
Old 04-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Keith Fellmy Keith Fellmy is offline
Junior Member

Poker Mountain is rotten period.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline
Member

I wonder what their rep has to say about this, I would be FURIOUS. They need to rethink this. Its only like $6 per player left but look at the bad press they will get just for the principle.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:20 AM
greatbrit greatbrit is offline
Member

Hello naschburger2,

I've forwarded your post to the right people at PM, I'll post an update when I hear back from them. I think you have very valid points, I'll find out what decisions were made and why.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 AM
feelixthegreek feelixthegreek is offline
Member

They should call it Poker Desert. Right now there's exactly one real money table oprn, with 6 players. I'll clear the bonus by 2020.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Uglyowl Uglyowl is offline
Member

Promotions
Poker Mountain is always offering fun and generous player promotions. We are constantly looking for interesting ways to give money away to our customers. See a summary of our current promotions here.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az

I did respond with an email when I got the cancellation and refund notice. Here is there unsatisfactory response.

Dear Victor,

The tournament was cancelled because it only ran for 30 minutes and entries are been refunded because the event was cancelled. You can register for tomorrow's tournament. The entries will be refunded in a while.

Regards
Leo
Poker Mountain Support
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
touchfaith touchfaith is offline
Junior Member

lol, this lame thread takes greed and 'wanting something for nothing' to a whole new level.

So let me get this straight...They refunded your entry fee, but you feel you desearve more?

So if this where a freeroll for $1000 or something and crashed, you would be demanding payment?

Give me a break.

Oh, and do you really think their tech supports guys (or gals) really picked up the phone and called the marketing department to firgure out how to deal with a crashed tourney?

Uh..."ok"
Old 04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Pov Pov is offline
Senior Member

I don't think the players in any way "deserve" anything but their entry fee back. However, the site did just make a classic mistake in that for a mere $500 they could have made a better impression on probably at least 50 players than in just about any other way. It was a $1 tournament . . . now you win a few bucks because there was a problem? That could go a long way for some players and they clearly need some loyal and dedicated players and some good word of mouth.