Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: UB has added a 50-100 game

[ QUOTE ]
I post the hand here again, in case you missed it.
Betting 18 000 into a pott of 1800 with just Ace high is pretty insane. Certainly looks like cheat to me.

"another fantastic one was (3 handed at this point):

Mahatma makes it 300 preflop, yung calls.

flop 933

Mahatma pots it, yung calls

turn 7 ($1800)

checkcheck

river 5

Mahatma bets $18,000 into the $1800 pot, yung calls with A3, Mahatma had AQ"

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Mahatma is not a friend of mine nor do I even know him. I am responding to this thread simply because it is just assinine to even be implying that someone is cheating without any real knowledge and based on a single NL hand.

Mahtama has made bets like this countless times against countless opponents. What about all the times on this board where KK calls and Mahatma shows 35? Or what about all the times when 66 folds? Was he cheating in all of those hands against all of those opponents?

That is what you guys are missing.

Something that many people overlook is that even the worst players in the 25/50NL and higher games are typically very tough NL players. If all you do is just bet your good hands and check-call your draws, you won't make money in this game. Mahatma knows this and has a style that is very hard for anyone to figure out. While some are definitely much better than others, all of the regulars, even the biggest losers, would probably destroy most other NL games. The only really bad players in this game typically come in for $1000-2000 shots one or two times.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: UB has added a 50-100 game

as per the usual i respect your opinion here El D. i also appreciate the explanation. i have watched PF play a lil and his over bets are legendary, this one seems just a lil extreme even from what i have seen but i have not watched that much to know as well as you would. i did not mean to infer he was cheating necessarrily. i have no problem with capitalism, or advertising your wildness. so i will stand a corrected, irrelevant skeptic. My apologies to M and 2
jason