Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: I\'m still too tight

They usually say that your PFR should be half your VPIP.

If your stats is 16/8 and raise your VPIP to 20 then I think your PFR should be 10 and not 12.

That mean you should increase your VPIP the same procentually amount that you increase your VPIP not the same %.

I hope I got that right! English is not my first language...

Have fun!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They usually say that your PFR should be half your VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 03-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Because then you are not too pasive or aggressive preflop. You raise enough hands to make it hard for the other players to know what you have. But ofcours it does not have to be that exact number, just around it. And you shall not stare you blind at stats either. It is just a number other players have fund out that then you usually play good poker preflop.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the post. It and the answers tell me I'm way loose... but then again I play 5/10 at mostly loose tables.

Call rest
Fold 8, 9
Raise 6, 11

Nice streak of cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 02:39 PM

Great handle!
Old 03-26-2005, 05:56 PM

I tend to vary between 18/10 and 22/14 depending on the aggression of the table. A lot of my standard plays are more appropriate for Stars than Party.

1 is probably a call for me at 2/4, a fold at 3/6.

2 & 3 I'll raise sometimes if I think I can isolate and take the pot without a showdown most of the time. If not they're folds.

4 is a call.

5 is a fold unless I'm sure I stand a good chance of taking it from TT-QQ postflop, in which case it's a raise.

6 similarly, except I'm more worried about folding unimproved AK.

7 is often a raise for me, but probably a fold at Party.

8 & 9 are easy folds.

10 you can limp if you like. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

11 is an easy raise.

12 is close, but I typically call and prepare to flee postflop.

I think separating out preflop and postflop play like this is a mistake. It's a lot easier to loosen up preflop if you know you have a tactical advantage postflop. (See 2,3,5,6.)
Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 PM

1 Fold
2 Fold
3 Call
4 Call - Why are other posters folding this? I'd like to see some responces please.
5 Fold
6 Fold
7 Fold
8 Fold
9 Fold
10 Call
11 Raise
12 Call

Its been said a bunch of times before, please take no offence by allowing me to say it again. Perhaps the OP should re-read the starting hand section of SSHE. All the answers are right there for you, in the starting hand recomendations. There is nothing in your questions that deviates from the NPA's advice.

JoeyJoJo Shabadu : Dude.... you need help. You are WAY off. Even if you are playing 5/10 6 max, you are playing far too many hands based on this test. The only answer that you gave that wasn't 1/2 bad was for 6... that could be an interesting isolation play if it was suited. I'd consider going for the call with non suited cards on a 6-max table (please someone correct me if I am wrong, I don't play 6-max that often).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

1) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB. 32/2 limps UTG, 17/8/1.8 raises MP2, 28/3 cold calls CO. BB is 20/5.

CALL

2) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP2. 24/4 limps UTG+1, folded to you. There are 2 LP-P's and a LA-A behind you. Blinds are typical.

FOLD

3) Same as 2) except you have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

FOLD (close though)

4) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+1. Typical 3/6 table, folded to you.

FOLD

5) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MP3. 16/5/2 openraises in UTG+1, then folded to you. The rest of the table is a typical Party 3/6.

CALL (close to a fold)

6) Same as 5) except you have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

FOLD

7) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] MP1. Typical 3/6 table, folded to you.

FOLD (close to a call, easy call if the table is loose)

8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB. 32/1/0.5 limps MP1, 25/2/0.5 limps CO. BB is 40/3/1. Party 2/4.

CALL

9) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB. Again, 32/1/0.5 limps MP1, 25/2/0.5 limps CO. BB is 40/3/1. However this is Party 3/6.

FOLD

10) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] button. 28/3/1 limps UTG+1, 23/4/1 limps MP2, 19/5/1.9 limps CO.

FOLD because the limpers seem pretty decent. against worse limpers I'd call

11) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP2. Folded to you. Those left to act are mostly LP-P and will play their hand if they like it for any number of bets.

RAISE

12) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB. 18/8/0.8 openraises UTG+2, 36/1/0.3 cold-calls CO. SB folds.

CALL

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-27-2005, 05:13 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

4 Call - Why are other posters folding this? I'd like to see some responces please.

[/ QUOTE ]

because A6s is a crappy hand to play up front in a reasonably tight game
Old 03-27-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1: Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a nit

[ QUOTE ]
I think the everyone has folded #4 so far, I'm pretty surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing tight up front against reasonable opponents is important. maybe that's too tight, but A6s seems like a crappy hand to play up front unless you're expecting a 6 way pot for 1 bet. it doesn't seem like you'll get that from what I've heard about 3/6 lately