Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: i am the only loon that folds tptk here?

Been thinking about things a little more. I missed how severely the flop bettor overbet things. Thus, you're c/r does accomplish something - it puts a serious to decision to the other player in the pot. It does nothing with regard to putting the bettor on a hand, however.

When you checked the turn, what was your plan if it was checked to the flop bettor who bet again? And were you planning on leading the turn if it was heads up?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM

i was not worried about the original better. if the cold caller had folded, i would fire at the turn. however, there was cold caller, and i immediately decided to give up the pot at that point.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been thinking about things a little more. I missed how severely the flop bettor overbet things. Thus, you're c/r does accomplish something - it puts a serious to decision to the other player in the pot. It does nothing with regard to putting the bettor on a hand, however.

When you checked the turn, what was your plan if it was checked to the flop bettor who bet again? And were you planning on leading the turn if it was heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your investing to much money to make a read on people with these ideas you have. You don't need to raise to put the original bettor on a hand, you already have all the info you need about his hand. It is quite safe to assume he has at best five and most likely 3 outs. Once you are cold called by another player that was to act behind you the hand is over for you, unless you know the person to be a total idiot call box.

I think smooth calling the original bet and seeing if anyone else comes in behind, plannning to lead the tunr if its HU is an option in this hand, especially if we know that the players left to act are competent. There are no draws on this board at all, so anyone in should have a made hand and you can't beat many of those.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your investing to much money to make a read on people with these ideas you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't quite where I was going with the question. It was more probing toward having a plan for the turn if things were HU.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:54 PM

if HU play it as If you have the best hand and your opponent has a piece of the board. Pretty standard.