Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: To all you 2/4 players - how many hands of 2/4 have you played, an

A little over 50,000 at 2/4 now, most of that over the past 2 months. At first I was waiting around to hit a big downswing that I knew would come. That's long past now and I'm still at 2/4.

There are a few reasons for this. First of all is probably confidence. I feel very comfortable playing 2/4 on autopilot. I don't have that feeling at 3/6 (and there's no reason I should). Second, I have taken a shot at it and am down $250 after 4,000 hands. A small amount, but still disappointing. Finally, I am relying on my winnings for income more than most, and I don't have the confidence that it would be more profitable for me at 3/6 than at 2/4 at the moment.

But man do I want to move up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: To all you 2/4 players - how many hands of 2/4 have you played, an

Over the two levels of .5/1 and 1/2 6max I have played with poker tracker I have relatively small sample sizes but I have either never run well or I am just a sucky player. Now that I am at 2/4 I still don't have a satisfactory winrate so I have decided to stay until I can really convince myself that I do have a decent amount of skill at this game. I will most likely end up playing about 25k hands at 2/4 and then move to 3/6 in a few months as my summer job. This thread made me feel like maybe I should not waste my time with some much at 2/4, but then I looked at my winrate again and snapped back to the reality of me sucking.