Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: This is the one I really want answered

I will let others reply since I asked the question but I will agree with you that I had a good chance of having the best hand at that moment. My concern was with a bet and call in front, and 5 more players behind me, there was at least a decent chance I was already behind. And it just seemed like with three spades on the flop there was a ton of danger and I had very few ways to improve my hand by the river.

thanks for the responses
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will let others reply since I asked the question but I will agree with you that I had a good chance of having the best hand at that moment. My concern was with a bet and call in front, and 5 more players behind me, there was at least a decent chance I was already behind. And it just seemed like with three spades on the flop there was a ton of danger and I had very few ways to improve my hand by the river.

thanks for the responses

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that the flush draw only comes in 1/3 of the time, almost every time the flush draw doesn't come in we are taking down this pot. I don't see how a fold can be so easily correct.

I'm sure the answer is that we have very few ways to improve our hand, and we are going to make few bets when our hand is best and lose many when our hand isn't best, but my gut tells me this pot is worth fighting for.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the answer is that we have very few ways to improve our hand, and we are going to make few bets when our hand is best and lose many when our hand isn't best, but my gut tells me this pot is worth fighting for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you are saying this is -EV.If you are I agree.
IMHO fold.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking is that the flush draw only comes in 1/3 of the time, almost every time the flush draw doesn't come in we are taking down this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? He has TP 8 kicker. He has 7 opponents with a bet and call and no folds yet. Do you really believe he just has to dodge a spade to win this "almost every time".