Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Hit the flush on the river...but is it good enough?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once he bets the river flush card, you can't be happy but I think you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you be happy? It's not as if MP1 sprang to life when the flush card hit; he's been in the lead since the flop. I think this is just a value bet on his part, holding at least two pair, and possibly a boat. If I'm in MP1's place holding only two pair, there's no way I'm checking that river.

Now that it's been bet by MP1, Hero needs to raise the river, and probably fold to a three-bet, unless he had a reason to think that MP1 was a little too river-aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's way overplaying hero's hand, IMO. Give yourself 88 in MP's position and ask yourself what worse hands are going to call you when you bet the river. Nada. But that doesn't slow MP down on this double paired board. He goes ahead and bets, which means he's not particularly scared of the flush. Thus, hero can't like his prospects on the river.

Raising frequently loses a second river bet and rarely wins one. Calling is better.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Hit the flush on the river...but is it good enough?

against a bet and a raise on the flop?? I would fold turn.