Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 05:41 PM

Default NBA 1/31

YTD (posted) 32-17-1

A lot of action tonight. Let's hope we go better than 3-3.

1. 76ers - 1 1/2 (Indiana)

The Sixers are playing surprisingly good ball. They are a decent home team. The Pacers are playing terribly, and I think it's due in part to Tinsley's illness. They should be better tonight. I watched the PHI/DAL game the other night and the Sixers played a very impressive game without Iverson. Iverson is back tonight, and that can only help. They are 3-3 over their past 6, which featured 5 on the road and a home game against MIA. I think the Sixers protect home court, as they did against Miami, and cover. Iverson back the lineup means more than Tinsley feeling better.

2 and 3. Houston + 1 1/2 (Boston) and under 197:

If Houston was in the Atlantic, they'd be undefeated. While Pierce may be able to defend McGrady, who on Boston is going to guard Ming? Who on Boston is a banger? Blount? Nah. Ming may be having a disappointing season, but as I've said before, Boston stinks. Houston will win this one going away. And I really like the under -- Houston plays good defense, they can be offensively challenged, and this could be another spot where the Boston "improved" defense tries to surface. PS Houston is 5-5 on the second of back-to-backs so I am not concerned about the fact that they played yesterday.

4. and 5. Magic -5 (@ Atlanta) and under 200 1/2:

I don't like laying so many points on the road, generally. But this is I think a mis-match. Orlando's sweep of Washington is extremely impressive. Atlanta at home is not much better than Atlanta on the road. Also, Orlando's 2 unders against Washington impress. Their defense is improved with Christie but I don't think the numbers have caught on yet. Orlando by more than 10.

6. Clippers -5 1/2 (Knicks)

The Knicks are in total disarray. The Clippers are a good team. And a good team in the west should beat handily a bad team in the east every day. Why do the Knicks put it together here? Yes you can throw out the idea that the Knicks were embarrassed in Detroit, and have some type of motivation to throw out a good effort ... but this emotional stuff is garbage. The Knicks are a weak team playing badly. The Clippers are a good team. And don't discount the Rick Brunson revenge factor (OK that's a joke). But Brunson is a very good defender (that's why the Knicks kept him around) and he may be able to frustrate Marbury. I like the Clippers by a dozen.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: NBA 1/31

Houston's lines have moved to +2, 198
Old 01-31-2005, 06:05 PM

The HOU/BOS O/U has moved up to 198.5
Old 01-31-2005, 06:05 PM

I just re-read my analysis on Knicks/Clippers. What a joke. "This team is a good team". "This team is a bad team". Did a 3 year old write this stuff?

All I can say is that the Clippers better cover.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:12 PM

Sixers/Pacers was a pick'em a second ago at Pinnacle. Dunno if it'd pay to wait any longer but the line moved quick...
Old 01-31-2005, 07:13 PM

I think im going to tail you with Orlando -5.. and also jump aboard the sixers -1 hosting Indy

The other two games would go against my gut, so Im going to follow my gut for a change and not bet them.. good picks though, lets get it.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Clippers -5.5.. Ive been wanting to bet against the knicks.. so im going to.. yes, thats it ive made up my mind, seen the past 2 knick games and they look quite horrible.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 PM

sorry to say that the only one that is off to an absolute horrible start is ORL -- getting housed by Atlanta so far. Go figure. I thought it would be the reverse.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:50 PM

this probably doesnt help to tell you now, but I just saw that Orlando is 0-7 ATS on Mondays this season...doh!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:55 PM

Damn did that PHI game go in the tank quick. Thank goodness for Jon Barry or I'd be going nuts.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 PM

Good call on the under for the Houston/Celtics game...