Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 01:56 PM

Default My Thoughts on NFL Week 3 Playoffs

Here are my thoughts on this weekends games:

NE at Pitt +3: I dont know, but it sure seems hard to me to not take the team with the best record in the NFL, arguably the best defense, at home, plus 3 points. I have all the respect in the world for NE and what they have done but I just think you have to go with the Steelers in this spot. I think people maybe just looking at last weeks games a bit too much. Pitt was not impressive while the Pats beat what many thought was the best team in the NFL. I think Pitt is the play but I wouldnt bet the house on it, just whatever is a solid wager for you.

Atlanta at Philly -5: A lot of people here seem to think Philly is a lock in this spot. I dont know, they were not impressive to me in their win over a marginal Vikings team last week and Atlantas defense is very solid, one that does not get the credit they deserve. I think the Falcons defense will keep it close and in a close game (one you feel may come down to a field goal) you have to take the points. Again, I wouldnt bet the house on Atlanta, but I think the Falcons plus 5 is the play here.

Summary: No Shoe In this week, but decent bets on Pitt and Atlanta.

Quick comment about last week: Even though I/we went 2-1 last week, the Shoe In missed (it was Pitt) so the medium and small bets on the Falcons and Eagles made up for it, but with the big it ended up being a losing week. For the playoffs, overall we are 4-2 here so I hope you have at least made some money if you have been following my recommendations. As far as last weeks Shoe In, if you figured, like I did, that Pitts defense would shut the Jets down and someone told you before the game the Pitt defense would only give up 3 points, you probably would have bet the house on it. A special teams breakdown and turnovers are always hard to account for, so I hope the Shoe In pick didnt cost you too much and you made up for it with the other picks. Best of luck this week.--Big Al--