Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Hopeless chip spewing...

This may be sadistic in some way but i want to know WTF the bad player was calling down with. Please divulge if it's in the Hand History
Old 01-05-2005, 03:52 AM

lol, Sure. He started with a Jack high 3 flush, spiked a pair of jacks on 4th and spiked trips on the river.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 PM

I don't hate the raise on third street, but I think I prefer a fold. At this level, players tend to have what they're representing. He's raising into your Ace, so he probably has a big pair in the hole, and the bigger that pair is, the fewer over-cards you have. I don't think too many players are raising with split Fives.

The raise on fourth is fine. When he three-bets, I figure he has a hand, and checking-and-calling is OK. On the river, I think I lead out to try to trap the third player for at least one bet. Since he called two cold, your check-raise worked out just fine. If you think the third player will call the cap, then cap it. You probably have the best hand, and you can't be raised whatever happens.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:11 PM

Since there are far more bad players than good, it's more profitable to assume that a player isn't very good until he demonstrates otherwise. I don't know how large the player base is for this game, but I know who most of the better players at Canterbury Park are, so if I run into someone I don't know, I assume he stinks, and I'm right 95+% of the time.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 PM

Hi,

You'd be surprised how many runner runners I hit in those loose fishy games and still walk away up big. At times I'm getting 1:14 on 4th and 1:10 on 5th with some very marginal hands, but since I rarely get to 5th without a pair and a backdoor and an over card I'm getting all my profit from the truely hopless hands who are drawign to 2-3 outs.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:09 PM

Hi,

My thinking on the river was, if I bet out, no way am I getting raised after all the action on 3rd/4th And me with an open pair. It so screams I just sucked out and don't want you checking behind with your naked aces.

I figured a CR gets me two maybe more, I figured a bet would at most get me two.

Had I known he had filled I would have bet out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But then the loosey might have gotten away from trip jacks. :\

Thanks,
MarkV.