Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Program in the works

Cool. I didn't know about Playerview until your response, Orca. I'm assuming it works with SNG's and I understand that it tells you the players' VP$IP and aggression factor in real time. But Pokertracker isn't real-time, is it? (I am not registered, if that matters any)

I'm trying to gain as much of an edge as possible in SNG's, even if it means making programs for myself, so I'd appreciate any advice regarding improvement.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:23 PM

Playerview just shows the PT data in real time. PT updates as regularly as you want it to, mine updates every 2 minutes.

You can download PT and try it out for 1000 hands, that should be plenty for some tourneys.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:38 PM

How difficult would it be to make it work with multiple sites?

Could it save the records of each player into a searchable database?

Could it display the hand that you just folded?

Could it do percent to make hand and/or pot odds?

I have a system when I raise and on one level I raise by 2.5 x BB, could you include some sort of calculator so this could be done more quickly?

And I know I am dreaming on this, could you have something that would display the best possible hand.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:01 PM

Well, for now I only play on one site (Party).

You might wanna look into Pokertracker to save players into a database.

And.. I don't really understand the other questions. Email me with your specific questions: paulsugar2@yahoo.com
Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 AM

The only thing I'd add (I never test for anyone because I don't trust anyone, nothing personal) is for ratings of players you could use a different rating for each blind limit and change the rating when the blinds change.

Rock tight aggressives can easily become LAGs later on in the game.

Lori
Old 01-02-2005, 09:09 PM

What language are you developing it in? Can you share the source before you are finished? I'm sort of a programmer, but Windows development is outside of what I usually do. I'd be interested in working on this as long as I don't have to get some $1000 developer version of VB studio or something like that.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:39 PM

I tried this little program out all day as I played and here are some general thoughts...

Nice idea. More useful than I thought it would be, mostly just because I could get a much bigger picture of who were fish and who were not

Cumbersome when playing multiple tables on a small monitor. The program seems to place itself above all other windows at all times and that meant I needed to put 4 running versions of this program overlapping just to not cover up the 4 running (overlapping) tourneys I was playing.

The preflop actions log is almost useless. I'd prefer a simple % breakdown (fold, check, call, raise, all-in, etc...)

the need to hilight specific players was more consuming than I would like. I'd prefer very concise stats for all players listed at all times right beside their names so that I didn't need to click anything ever. I'd just need to look over and see.

Even just something like:

PlayerA F75% C15% R5% P5%

(with F,C,R,P indicating preflop folding, calling, raising, or pushing)

I suppose hands shown would also be useful if I did choose to hilight an individaul player, but I'd also like to immediately know what position they played those hands from and maybe some info about what they did with the hand. I found I kept seeing a list like

Ah Kc
Jc Js
5c 5h
Kc Qc
As Js
7s 3h

and I'd think whats up with 73o? then I'd check his preflop action and that hand and see that it was a check from the BB. I'd prefer if each hand just included the position right beside it. I'd also like to see a letter code indicating how they played the hand.

There is really a lot that could be done with this and I'm excited to see where it goes.

Regards
Brad S
Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 AM

Thanks for the input. I will take everything into account as I develop it, but I'm going to take a little break from programming for a bit. It's written in VB 6 so if anyone wants to stab at it, email me for the source.