FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

"ISOP is the International Store Of Pancakes"

nh

Old 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i had mentioned in a post the other day that 2+2 is the 9,700th busiest website on the internet. while i am not poking fun at anyone, in comparison, UPF ranks 197,000 in traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you find out this info? Is there a site that lists the amount of traffic for the busiest sites?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:20 AM

Alexa.com keeps rankings like this.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will this be sponsered by two plus two? That doesnt sound like a great idea. I mean it does for two plus two I guess, but not for the regulars.

great point. probably will have twoplustwo plastered everywhere. cant wait [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish who actually want to learn are going to learn. Information doesn't have a big impact on the fish pond. Most calling stations know they are bleeding money, they just don't care. The Psychology of Poker has some great explanations for this.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:43 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

agreed, the info. is out there for anyone willing to find and apply it. all this ISOP will do if anything, is add more legitimacy to internet poker and 2+2 which we all have known about for a while now. not to mention a seemingly fun series of hyped up events!!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:05 PM

I can't wait - this sounds very cool. I am a satellite junky and love tournaments. Very cool and the best part is - IT GREW FROM THE PEOPLE OF 2+2! It's not some corporate thing, its organic, and built out of this community, you really can't ask for anything better.

Morgan

>>>>>>I mean, 2+2 is choosing user book covers for HOHE and helping users put together this, this truly is a unique place.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:06 PM

will this be sponsered by two plus two? That doesnt sound like a great idea. I mean it does for two plus two I guess, but not for the regulars.

hi folks,

this will not in any way be sponsored by 2+2. it is sponsored by the sponsoring sites (if that makes sense).

2+2 is simply the place that the series will be headquartered. the sponsoring sites will be paying a fee to participate in the series, and in return for that they will be getting their own section in the the newly developed forum.

i'm not sure why anyone would think this is not a great idea. all this is is TOEJAM on steroids. it is a tourney series that should be a lot of fun and create community competition to go along with all this discussion.

think of it as a bowling league at Mason's house.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:04 PM

I think they are worried that people will find this site and the games will get tougher. Not that the ISOP is in anyway a bad idea.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:57 PM

I think they are worried that people will find this site and the games will get tougher

i knew this. i have caught major shiit from posters here for years whenever i did anything that promoted 2+2. i understand the thinking, but don't agree.

the notion that people would come here to learn and therefore no longer be fish is one that i would argue because as someone pointed out in this thread, players that have the propensity and desire to improve their game have already found this place on their own. also, many that find this place will not become better players just by reading (also mentioned in this thread). they have to apply themselves, read books and have a true desire to become a student before they are a threat to anyones bankroll. that makes this circular, because anyone willing to take all of these steps found this place on their own before ISOP will show them where we are.

there will be newbies that find this place because of the ISOP, but if they are not the type that are hungry for knowledge, they will be no threat. as a matter of fact, many will give MORE back becuase they will feel a sense of community and therefore participate in all of the events to play with their new friends.

soooo, everone please be nice to the new ISOP traffic
(at least until the season is over)

Old 12-17-2004, 08:23 AM

I found on the cover of a poker book. HPFAP or TOP don't remember which.