Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 04:39 AM

Default Re: AK vs. JJ

You dont 'always' have any outs. That perception with AK cost me a great deal of money several years ago when i first started playing online. The value of AK with respect to JJ depends if it is suited. AKs is better than JJ, but JJ is better than AKo.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:33 AM

lol what are you talking about...if someone else as QQ youre screwed? thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...Of course youre screwed but the chances of that is well i dont have it right now, but its pretty rare that someone has an over pair if you have JJ...and with AK...you have straight possibilities and flush possibilities...come on man..you are one those drawing people...id love to play you heads up youre the pitts at pokes
Old 11-07-2004, 10:40 AM

That is true, and another factor is how many players at the table...
Old 11-07-2004, 10:41 AM

what a terrible poker player you are...the point is that we're discussing what we prefer and why. You say something like 7 2o can beat it of COURSE it can. You should write a book about how obvious sh*t is. Man youre an idiot and AK is 6 outs by the way. ANd if someone has JJ that decreases your straight possibility buddy.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol what are you talking about...if someone else as QQ youre screwed? thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...Of course youre screwed but the chances of that is well i dont have it right now, but its pretty rare that someone has an over pair if you have JJ...and with AK...you have straight possibilities and flush possibilities...come on man..you are one those drawing people...id love to play you heads up youre the pitts at pokes

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of those drawing people??? Your wisdom is only surpassed by your ignorance. Let me ask you this...If you were dealt an AK would you call the blind or fold the hand? Most likely you would call and hope for a draw, however if you hit the ace it's skill and if I would hit it..A lucky draw.....Like I said before...Never play a hand before it's dealt...Another thing...You want to go heads up with me???? Bring it on. Name the place....PLEASE!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:58 AM

Actually my take is this, if you have JJ and you can isolate AK, I would take JJ. If there were other people calling, as in Multiway action I would go with AK. Either way its not desireable, you say its not a coinflip, but its the definition of a coin flip. AK has 6 outs or it gets beat, unless it catches a straight. JJ wins without improvement.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:08 AM

Ok 6 outs sorry it was late.....and you make a point about the straight as well...Now I won't go into childish name calling that proves little other than ones lack of intellect. Ok..My point was...discussing which hand is better is pointless...You don't get to pick your starting hands...Nor do you know your opponents cards before you bet...I still don't get how you know how well of a player I am....You have never seen me play. If you would like to find out first hand, I have an open door policy....Feel free to take advantage...
Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 AM

You make a good point. It really is a game time decision. Too many factors are involved to say one or the other...
Old 11-07-2004, 01:18 PM

Regardless of intellect, a genius can insult someone. Your analysis of AK being better than JJ is dumb. If using big words alleviates your problem, then I will for you. We all know that Oregon is a big poker state. AK vs. JJ, JJ all the way punk.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multi-way, mid/late position I would much rather have AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Are you serious or trying out that sarcasm thing?