Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2004, 01:28 PM

Default No way. I think I might quit poker

I have about a 4 thousand bankroll and today I decided to sit at the 1k max buyin home game.

4 handed and REALLY loose. I have lost about 100 on the 3-6 blinds. Haven't played a hand yet. All stacks have about 800, so I have all covered

Well I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. UTG opens for 100. Button Calls and I push, putting both on a low PP (one that they would fold) or weak aces.

BB folds 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] face up, an accomplishment for him. UTG calls like lightning and Button is motionless for a minute. He finally says "let's gamble" and calls with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I am horrified that UTG called all in. Until I see A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I am delighted to see a

Flop: of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and when the

Turn: is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I was overjoyed. But that o so terrible

River: was the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. to make matters worse, the man who won, a multi-millionaire architect, celebrated for 40 minutes.

Worst. Day. Ever.