Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2003, 02:57 AM

Default did i wimp out?

Well Im down at my 2-4 game in hawiian gardens but this time my father decided to sit down at my table and see how I play. He plays 20-40 to 50-100 and does pretty well for himself, so i value his opinion, but we disagreed on the following hand. I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button in a very loose game as usual and limp in with 7 players. The flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the small blind leads out (he led out on most hands he played in from early position) 5 callers to me and I raise the loose agressive player. he calls as well as 2 others. turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Everyone checks to me and I also check (questionable?) the river brings 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The small blind checks BB bets MP raises all in for 3 more dollars and here is where we disagree, while im thinking the small blind calls both bets and turns over his hand before i acted on my turn(A 3) the BB is reaching for 3 more chips to call the raise (believe me he wasnt acting)and i folded my top pair weak kicker. My father said at the point the man who called 2 bets cold and showed his hand I should've raised (he didnt know my cards till after we dicussed the hand) I would've won the hand the BB showed down A8 to take the pot. your suggestions would be appreciated on how badly I played the hand or did I make the right decicion? ...thanks