Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Live 30/60 against 2+2er

I was playing live with a few 2+2ers and after the hand one thought I played it bad. Thoughts?

UTG is a 2+2 and winning player, Late position guy isn't pretty tight/straight forward and won't chase much

9 handed.

UTG raises (2+2er), UTG+1 folds, I 3 bet with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded to button who cold calls 3, folded back to UTG who calls.

Flop comes
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I call, button calls.

Turn is
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, button folds, UTG calls.

River is:
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG calls.

MHIG

Yet a good 2+2 tells me later that I misplayed the hand. I'm assuming he wants me to raise the flop. I think UTG put me on Js-Ks and want to bet his AQ, AJ, AT. I felt certain he had an A and felt I had the pockets above. Isn't my way the way to get max value?

Later on the player did say he had an Ace, but who knows.