Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Default HS Reunions

So my 10-yr HS reunion is coming up in a couple weeks. They went low budget and went the evite-route rather than mail out invitations(better so you can see who is going). I've lost touch with basically everyone from HS and don't really run into many of them, even though I am in the middle of Los Angeles and went to HS in the suburbs(Inland Empire). The only guys I still keep in touch with from my class are in grad school in NY or SF and won't be able to make it. My close group of friends was a mish-mosh of stoners and knuckleheads that were awesome to party with, but once I went to college there was really not much for us to relate to each other with and we all went our separate ways. None of these guys seem to be coming to the reunion either.

So basically it will be mostly acquaintances/semi-friends that I haven't seen in eight-to-ten years, and people that I won't remember for the life of me. Luckily, it is about fifteen minutes from my house and you can pay at the door($15 extra), which is the route I am going with. Still on the fence about going, not sure what I should do, but I guess just looking for anyone with reunion stories on what I should expect(although I know that they aren't all the same). Is it just the same people but with inflated egos and extra weight? Do the successful nerds come back and show the "cool kids"(I guess I would be considered one of the "cool kids" back then not that it means anything after HS) their success? Maybe I've just seen Hollywood's depiction of these events. I don't consider myself a "success" or a failure, maybe somewhere in between(6 figure job + p*ker, single).

Basically, I just want to see some old faces and reconnect with people and have a good time, is that pretty much what happens? Just wondering. Feel free to share your reunion stories(this keeps the kids outta the thread).

DN