Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Well I\'ve hit Rock Bottom

Been a profitable player for about a year to 2 years. Got laid off my job 2 weeks ago and have been giving it a try as a 'pro' online. What followed was the worst run of luck I've ever had, and this is playing 30 hrs a week for 2 years. I have seen some f'ed up things in that time, but this is a whole new level. My bankroll is been cut in half, despite playing what I think is the best poker of my life. It almost seems personal, as if life is trying to tell me to quit playing. I almost had a nervous breakdown today after getting stacked five times, twice with KK vs AA, twice getting two outed on river for all my money. Then I played some sit and go's and couldn't place in a single one out of 10. Anyway the specifics don't really matter, we've all had bad runs, this last 2 weeks has just been hell for me, particularly because this is my only income now. I just took all my money out of the online sites, I've been laying here on the floor staring at the cieling just feeling horribly empty and worthless. All the profit I made grinding my ass off last week has been swallowed up and more in the last 3 days, leaving me at zero profit in the last month. The thought of getting an awful bust-ass day job makes me want to kill myself, but apparently I don't have any options left. Poker just can not be counted on to make a living, at least for me. Some people make it sound like its the easiest living imaginable, making 100k + a year no problem only playing 20-30 hrs a week. ANyway just posting this to see if there's any good advice out there for someone who has hit rock bottom poker-wise. I've spent the last 2 years intensely devoting myself to the game, and to not even be able to make 20/hr at this point with a 140 IQ makes me feel like a worthless sack of [censored].