Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 AM

Default JT Won\'t Need LAGs to Stand

Villain is a 50/30 type guy, very aggressive postflop. We've played a few hands together and he hasn't won any of them. He hasn't seen a showdown against me. Hero is a marauding ghoul.

It's 5 handed, I'm the cutoff and villain is the button. I raise with JT and button calls. I would guess I have the better hand. I begin to suspect immediately that he will try to outplay me postflop. He will start by raising the flop when I bet. The SB folds and the BB calls.

The flop is:

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet. He raises, which is not a surprise. The BB folds and I call. How was this? Edit: My plan here is to check raise the turn unless I hit an A/9 in which case I will bet.

The turn is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I check he bets I raise. He should fold now but he doesn't. He calls. How do you like the turn action? What is your plan for a river blank, a J/T, an A/9?

The river is the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I check, he bets, I call. Good?

This hand was a little tough for me. I pretty much knew when he was going to bet or raise on every street, which means I can't really give him a range of hands. I know he can fold and I know there's a good chance he doesn't have a hand worth showing down, but neither do I.