Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-20-2005, 06:08 PM

Default TPGK turn check call after flop aggression

My standard line is to bet out this turn but I think too often I get raised on this turn and forced to put 2 bets in instead of 1 and it's better to check call. Anyone agree?

MP is TAG 25/17/2 . Button is an LP 45/8/.6

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: TPGK turn check call after flop aggression

You 3-bet the flop, obviously thinking you were good there enough to make it profitable.

You think the T changes your situation that much?

And even if it does, (which it doesn't), is it worth the wasted value and possible free card given to two players to make it worth it?

IMO thats a terrible check.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:18 PM

Default pretty bad

yea this is pretty bad now that I think about it more and more. I guess I have FPS today.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:18 PM

Default .

Old 09-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Any hand you're ahead of on the flop, you're still ahead of, other than JT. He might semi-bluff raise with QJ now.. who cares. Getting raised by a worse hand in this pot is a good thing. Based on Button's play so far, you can pretty much tell it's a draw.

If you fear being behind on the turn, there's a decent chance you were behind to begin with. This check stinks.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO thats a terrible check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask you for your reasoning and you say "think better"?

What's the deal?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM

This is bad. Free cards in 3 way pots suck and MP coudl easily have been raising a draw with overs or something or something scared of a turn checkraise. This is not the spot to check/call at all. If MP or LP raises you are usually behind and act accordingly. FPS.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 PM

Just to elaborate a little more...it's not just free cards on the turn you're worried about. It's free showdowns on the river that you give by giving up the inititiative. I'd much rather pay an extra sb on the turn (still calling river) where I'm beat a large percentage of time but have some outs, than give a free river to 2 opponents on a sketchy board or free showdowns when my equity is 100%.