Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-16-2005, 06:31 PM

Default PFR cat-and-mouse?

This may be a major leak of mine - I won't tell you what I think I'm doing wrong until I hear some advice on the hand.

This was my first orbit, but I had used PT/PA to help me with seating, so I know that SB is a big LAG - 56/22 to be exact. Couple this with an annoying trend of people between CO and BB raising a multiway but unraised pot with stuff like J6s and K7, and I'm not gonna give her much credit for a hand. Should I have?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: PFR cat-and-mouse?

read on MP1??

i value bet this.

i wouldn't give the lag credit for a hand. i am more concerned with the other caller.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 PM

I think I find a fold preflop...but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm probably done with this hand on the turn without improvement. In that size field, I can't imagine a pair of jacks and no kicker is going to be good.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:40 PM

i want to bet this river, but against 3 ppl i dont see us winning very often. if you check you have to call, so make them make the decision.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:55 PM

I had no good read on MP1 at the time. From a couple of hands he played, he looked like a calling station, but I didn't have any PT stats to go by.

Normally I'd fold this PF, even for one bet in the BB, but in a multiway pot it fit the slightly looser style I'm trying right now (my VPIP is still just over 18, so I don't think I'm turning into a maniac or anything).
Old 09-16-2005, 06:57 PM

Bet Bet Bet

Other then the river check, I think you played the hand beautifully
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Fold preflop.

Otherwise nice hand. I would probably check the river as well, but I know that's the pussy play. Bet the river. (That's intended for you as much as it is for me)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:40 PM

I like the preflop call. Even if you were only playing for the flush you've got a big enough pot going to make it worth chasing. You may not be able to pump your flush draw as much as you want, but you will still make a good profit from it.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:08 PM

Thanks, guys.

The leak I'm looking at is that I don't bet the river often enough when I'm likely ahead, but not by much. Good confirmation that I should be pushing it a little more.

And it also sounds like I may indeed have been a bit more of a PF wussy than I should be - hell, in this situation I'm getting 11 to 1 (from what I've seen it's a safe assumption that every limper will call one more bet), so I should probably be playing the same range of hands that I'd complete the SB with.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple this with an annoying trend of people between CO and BB raising a multiway but unraised pot with stuff like J6s ...

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, why is raising a multiway unraised pot with J6s annoying but cold calling with J2s out of position not annoying? Fold pre-flop, however once in the hand your line looks good.

JunkHead