Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Home Game Strategy

I generally play with a group of guys every 3 months a tournament for $60. Most of the players generally know what they are doing. Tight and agressive players who will reraise you back. Most flops (if we make it that far) are between 2 or 3 players max. My gameplan with them has been generally to play a tight game and throw in a few occasional bluffs against the right players.
I am going to a tournament with 18 people for $20 each, and from the sounds of things, there are barely anybody who can play. Almost ½ of them are woman(not trying to be sexist), wives etc, and quite a few people have requested a sheet with the hand rankings etc.
How much does my strategy need to change? I would guess I should try to avoid all in confrontations and try to build my stack with value bets? Is my thinking correct? I'm assuming that there will be a table full of calling stations. Should I call a lot MORE hands in the early going in order to flop a big hand? Or follow the play tight in a loose game mentality? Sounds weird to be asking how to play against worse players, but I know I need to have some sort of gameplan. (Part one of my gameplan is to throw bluffing out the window I think)